Tips on Drawing Diagrams in Economics Essays
How to draw a good diagram?
- Always use a ruler.
- Do not draw diagrams which are too small. Use at least a quarter of your foolscap paper.
- Label your axes as accurately as possible.
- The diagram should be centrally positioned. Do not write any text around the diagram.
- Label your diagram, if necessary (i.e. Figure 1)
- Make explicit reference to the diagrams you draw. Explain your diagram clearly.
- Diagrams are not there to fill up the spaces on your foolscap paper. Draw only when it is necessary.
For more tips on drawing A-Level Economics diagrams, do purchase a copy of Anthony Fok’s book: Learning Via Diagrams. The book is sold at all major bookshops in Singapore.